Many companies throw a website up online without putting enough thought into how it truly represents their brand. Perhaps you didn’t want to pay thousands for a professional web designed to develop your website. Or maybe your website looks like professional design quality, but really needs better functionality and content. Even if your website seems perfect, we have some tips to make it even better. Web design is a huge aspect of your overall marketing campaign and we have harnessed some professional designer’s secrets to help your business make a greater impact online. For the best web design Philadelphia PA has to offer, contact Farotech for even more information on quality, affordable web design services.
3 Keys for Cutting-Edge Web Design in Philadelphia PA
1. Be User-Focused
The website user always has to be the focus of any web design. Even if your website is small and simple, it can still be a user-focused site and gain great results. Once you figure out how your specific buyer person thinks and what they are looking for, you can format your website accordingly. Users don’t normally take time to read every piece of content on the page they are looking at. They will usually scan for what they are specifically looking for. Your website should be easy to use and anything important should be obvious for the viewer. If a user can’t find what they’re looking for within a few seconds of being on the page, it might as well be invisible. Large blocks of content, besides being cumbersome, will cause the user to get frustrated and look elsewhere for an answer. Give them fixed points to look at; visual anchors to guide their focus to the significant parts or calls to action on your website. If you want to make your website more user-focused and to implement the power of the quality web design Philadelphia PA has come to expect, contact an experienced firm like Farotech for your designing needs.
2. Credibility and Quality Go Hand in Hand
Modern users are usually web-smart. They can tell when website content is lacking credibility. However, if the site they’re looking at seems credible and contains quality information, they are more likely to stick around and read about your value proposition. Many users will even put up with advertisements on the side and less than appealing graphics if the information is solid. This is not to say that you should fill your site with spammy ads or deliver sub-par aesthetics.
The bottom line, though, is that content is king.
And users are looking for information that is useful and valuable to them. In addition to providing great content, take care to maintain a good company reputation online, as this will lend to your credibility. Go over your website’s current content and weed out anything that is unnecessary, doesn’t represent your business with excellence, or is simply poorly written. Replace any faulty content with quality content that is clear, concise, and self explanatory (and keyword-rich, of course!). You can also hire content writers if you don’t have the time or patience to do it yourself. Quality and credible content is a key essential to the overall process of effective web design.
3. Follow the Laws of Usability
If you follow Krug’s three laws of usability, your users will be happier and stay on your site longer.
- First, don’t make your user think too much. Ensure your website is easy to read and understand.
- Second, remember that users don’t mind clicking multiple times as long as they know where to click and why they’re clicking. Your user will follow a designated path through several pages as long as it is clear they are on the right track and headed the way they want to go to eventually find the answer they need. However, as a caution, make sure to respect a user’s patience. Don’t take too long to give them what they want.
- Third, you should seriously consider making significant cuts to the content on each of your site’s main pages. Take whatever essential content is left and split it into easy to read paragraphs with headings, subheadings and bullet points. This will guarantee your viewers are not overwhelmed with text.
For more tips on the best web design Philadelphia PA has to offer, consider Farotech as your online authority. For years, we’ve been delivering amazing web design for clients all over the country. We’re ready and excited to see how we can also help your business!