As a professional medical care provider, your practice exists for the purpose of helping patients and offering your “clients” the chance at a healthier life. However, your practice still has to function according to sound business principles if you want to continue to be able to keep your doors open to offer care. One of your primary, practical goals as a “business” should be to maintain a consistent patient base. Your strategy for orthopedics marketing is part of this effort to preserve relationships with existing patients, or “customers.”
Of course, you can and should always seek to acquire new patients, but it has actually been proven to be more economical for you to focus on keeping your current patients. Loyal patients will continually offer their own business, but will actually also serve as free marketing for you because they will tell their friends and family about their experiences with your office. Now, it is important to note that patients will report both positive and negative experiences, so keep that in mind. Offer excellent care and outstanding customer service so that you never have to worry that your grassroots marketing (word of mouth) is spreading negative about your practice.
With all of this said, your orthopedics marketing is important in drawing in new patients, but it is also an essential part of keeping your current ones.
5 Reasons Orthopedics Marketing Fosters Patient Loyalty:
1. Your understanding of your patients will improve. Once you create your buyer personas, you will get a better understanding of your patients’ needs and interests. Your patients’ interactions with your content (especially through social media) will enhance your recognition of what kind of information is important to your current patients.
2. Your patients’ understanding of you will improve. Like any relationship, the more your patients know and understand about you and your services, the more they will trust you and the more likely they will stay faithful to your office. Try including a blog section on your website as part of your orthopedic marketing in order to nurture a closer relationship with your patients.
3. Connection opportunities will be more available. The more you are accessible on the internet, the more likely it is for your patients to connect with your office. Social media is a great form of orthopedics marketing that fosters a more personal connection.
4. It gives your patients a fresh view of you. Your patients come to you when they experience orthopedic issues. Without thinking much of it, they may be subconsciously associating their thoughts and feelings towards your practice with memories skewed by pain and discomfort. But if you’re intentional about sending positive messages with your marketing strategy, you can help to shape new associations in your patients’ minds as they interact with your content from the comfort of their own home and while they are not actively experiencing pain.
5. It provides extra assurance for patience. While your patients are at your office, they may have a number of questions and concerns about which they may not have an opportunity to inquire. Give them a source for answers to frequently asked questions they may forget to ask or may not feel comfortable asking when they are with you.
The retention of your current patients is essential for the financial success of your orthopedics practice. Use orthopedics marketing to promote patient loyalty and safeguard the success of your business.