There’s a couple of things you should know about Farotech. First of all, we’re a Philadelphia-based company and many of us are actually Philly area born and bred ourselves. We love this city. Check out our homepage and you’ll find a huge image of Rocky Balboa on our slider. Secondly, you should know that we’re a tight knit group. We’re co-workers, but we’re also friends. Some of us even serve on staff with the same local charity and others find time to meet up on Saturdays to workout together.
We know we have a good thing going and one of our priorities as a company is to continue to build on the camaraderie and momentum that teamwork provides. We’re always looking to grow and challenge ourselves – both individually and as a group. And because we’re busy and occasionally team members have to work remotely, we decided it was time for some quality, face-to-face fun. Sure, we appreciate Skype and go2mtg, but there’s just nothing that replaces the memories that are made when co-workers actually get a chance to just hang out and have a great time together.
So, we went in search of an opportunity that could provide that kind of experience for us. We thought about just planning a corporate lunch date somewhere in the city….boring. Someone threw out the idea of an office party…no thanks. Then we found cityHUNT. They’re a professional scavenger hunt and experiential marketing company that specializes in designing customized, city-based events for corporate teams. We could have a fun adventure, planned and organized for us, in the city that we love? Done deal!
The cityHUNT team worked with us to find out more about our corporate culture and to help us determine exactly what kind of event we wanted to have. We decided to take advantage of their Ultimate Adventure & Picture Safari package, which allowed us to participate in an incredible 3-hour, scavenger hunt in old Philly. Our group was split into smaller teams, which were hand selected so that people who have less daily interaction with one another could work together during the hunt. Our cityHUNT Adventure Guide was amazing! He helped us get organized, explained the objectives and made sure each team got the help they needed along the way.
During our hunt, we had to collect clues (sometimes by asking complete strangers, like the concierge at a particular hotel) take certain pictures and participate in unique challenges. Some of our highlights from our experience included:
- Getting a clue via voicemail that actually incorporated a company inside joke (how did they know about that!?)
- Having to build a structure that we could all fit inside of out of whatever objects we could find or borrow…talk about a challenge!
- Asking the wrong hotel concierge to give us a clue for our scavenger hunt (needless to say, he looked at us like we were crazy)
- Taking a picture with the only person we could find in the entire city wearing a Pittsburgh Pirates hat (and then giving him a hard time about it!)
The finale of our experience was also a blast. cityHUNT organized an entire multi-media wrap up party for us so that all of the smaller teams could get back together at the end into our larger group and talk, laugh and laugh some more about the various adventures we had that day! We watched a slideshow of some of the most hilarious photos we’ve ever seen of ourselves and just took some time to enjoy the whole experience. It truly was an adventure and a team building activity we’ll never forget!
Here’s what we had hoped to get out of a cityHUNT experience. We feel that this event was able to successfully provide us with all of the following:
- An opportunity to enjoy each other and build relationships in a fun, interactive, unique setting
- A challenging experience that would help us practice communication and problem-solving skills
- An event that would allow co-workers who usually have less daily interaction with one another to participate in something together to form new, lasting relationships
- A completely new and exciting experience that would facilitate memories and lead to a greater sense of company camaraderie
Thank you, cityHUNT for an amazing experience. We would highly recommend a cityHUNT event to any corporate teams looking to accomplish the goals listed above. You will not be disappointed!