Farotech would like to share a unique and rewarding partnership we have with a very special organization. Compassion Corps is a non-profit organization that was created in 2008 to harness compassion in people and place purpose to their passion. Compassion Corps serves the people of Africa in Senegal, Egypt, Liberia, Mali, Morocco, Uganda and Tunisia. Compassion Corps provides:
- Medical Initiatives
- Education and Training
- Clean Water Projects
- Orphans and Widows
- Sustainable Development
If you would like to be a part of Compassion Corps, you can visit their website and sponsor a student. Compassion Corps has provided sponsors for boys and girls in areas where opportunity for an education lacks. Some of these children have been abandoned or orphaned, while others live with relatives who cannot support the whole family. They may be spending their time begging to provide food and money for their family to eat that day.
When you sponsor a student, you will be investing and making a difference in the lives of these children.
Why Sponsor A Student?
- In the least developed countries of Africa, only 66% of children attend schools.
- To give you an idea of how many children in Africa are not in school, the average is around 45.5 million.
- It costs less than a cup of coffee a day to give a child the chance to have an education.
- When children are able to read and write, they develop a sense of confidence and have a desire to pursue goals.
- Schools help teach children the importance of good hygiene, and ways they are able to prevent themselves and their families from contracting disease.
- Children with an education are less likely to become victims of abuse, and grow up to become adults with the capability to support their own families and teach others.
If you sponsor a student for $30/month, you will pay their registration fee, government school taxes, uniforms, school lunch and help support the teachers who give their time and effort into educating the children.
Are You Ready?
When you are ready to sponsor a student, Compassion Corp will provide a list of children in need that are located in Liberia and Uganda. You can choose if you would like to make a one-time donation or a recurring monthly donation as a student sponsor.
If you have any further questions you can contact Compassion Corps and they will be in touch right away.
Thank you for your putting your passion into action.