A lead generator has been generally defined as any marketing activity that helps advertise your product or service. A lead is simply a person or business expressing interested in what your company has to offer. Leads are great because instead of cold calling people who may or may not be interested, you now have a list of people who are already interested. Half the work is done, now you just need to close the sale!
Basic Components of Lead Generation
Most people are familiar with what leads are – but sometimes it’s a mystery where leads actually come from. Before you can identify a quality lead generator, you need to understand the basic lead generation process.
- First, you need to have a landing page somewhere on your site. This is a webpage that a visitor will come across that you can use to gather quality leads.
- Second, use a form on the landing page to actually get the lead. The form should collect some sort of information – maybe a name and email.
- Third, in return for personal information, you offer your lead something of value. Perhaps it’s a free ebook or a link to a discount on your website.
- Fourth, include a CTA button – CTA = call to action – so that the cycle is complete. A call-to-action does just what it says. It prompts a person to act by filling out the form with their information and receiving their offer.
There are so many ways to generate leads, but this is just the basic method to begin.
A Quality Lead Generator
Once you have the basic process down, you’re ready to make sure you’re getting quality leads. In order to do that, you’ll need to start developing your own lead generation strategies. Here are 4 of our top favorite successful strategies:
- Forms Everywhere
Post a form on every page of your website, especially above the fold. This is an easy way to automatically increase leads. You can utilize visual cues like different fonts, colors, or even arrows. One secret to success is to ask for a minimum of information with the first form. People are more likely to fill out a form if it doesn’t ask for more personal information like their phone number right off the bat.
- Power Language
Use power words to market your brand or product. Action verbs like “have”, “get”, and “feel” can compel people to act. Passive language doesn’t have quite the same results. This will make it easier for your customer to imagine how your product or service will positively impact their daily life.
- Pictures and Testimonials
If you really want to sell your product and generate lots of leads, use photos and testimonials of real customers. The pictures help put a face to a name and lends credibility to your site. It’s not just some anonymous person who likes your product – it’s a real person who genuinely supports your company. And one little hint – don’t forget to edit your submitted testimonials for proper grammar!
- If You Don’t Succeed, Try Again!
The number one successful strategy for finding a quality lead generator is to experiment, adjust, and try again. Not everything you try will work. Your company is unique and has unique needs. Tailor every lead generation strategy to match your goals. Don’t settle for a ton of leads if they’re not quality. But don’t change too much at once and never get enough quality leads. Time and patience will allow you to start generating multiple leads daily. Keep at it and soon you’ll be a pro.