Define. Create. Refine.
If you’re wondering how to create a video marketing campaign, think of it like opening a restaurant.
First, you have to define yourself: pick a name, pick a style. The hat to choose from is large, and it might be tempting to keep your options open in order to attract as many fish as possible. That’s not how good business works, though. Identity crises tend to be frowned upon. Think about it.
How will you define yourself? American? French? Fusion?
Think frog-legs dripping in Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce, and pizza topped with cheeses whose names no proper American can pronounce. Think specific. This fusion restaurant knows who it is.
And then we have the dishes. A French cook and an American sit down to discuss the menu. They cook, they insult each other’s cultural heritages, they invent wonderful ground-breaking food together, and they make up. The creative process is powerful, and nearly everyone has something they can bring to the table. (Pun intended)
Chefs, owners, waiters, administrators: everyone must be on the same page. The idea of the French Fusion restaurant is no longer in its larval stage, but has burst open in a grand parade of colors, sights, and smells…each more tantalizing than the last. It’s wonderful! It’s beautiful!
But the work doesn’t end there. If the escargot apple pie isn’t selling, you might need to consider taking it off the menu. Not every revolutionary idea sells, and that’s a fact.
But how can this help you learn how to create a video marketing campaign? Opening a restaurant and launching a video marketing campaign are both about developing sensory appeal. That development looks very similar when broken down.
How to Create a Video Marketing Campaign
Define: Business News Daily points out that it’s crucial to find your identity and nail it down. Of course it will change, grow, and blossom over time; but it’s impossible to change your marketing message with it if you’ve never found it in the first place. Focus on the following elements.
- End Game. Are you looking to expand your clientele, sell new products to existing customers, or win back lost ones?
- Target Audience. No one sells diapers to babies, they sell diapers to moms. Identify your target audience, and you’ve begun to identify your creative direction.
- Current Marketing Strategies. Collaborate. Existing catch phrases, taglines, or jingles will be a crucial part of bringing homogeneity to your marketing campaign.
Create. The most daunting part of ‘how to create video marketing campaigns in 3 simple steps’ is probably the word ‘simple.’ While ‘simple’ may seem optimistic, it’s not: not if you trust the creative process to unfettered professionals.
- Gather a team of Professionals. The owner of the restaurant is not going to ask the administrator to double-down as chef. No matter how great the dream, it cannot be realized without professionals doing their jobs.
- Clear out the red tape. Budgets, permissions, etc should all be in writing so that the team of professionals can do their job without hassling you or being hassled.
Refine. Even gold needs refining!
- Edit the final product. Any English teacher worth their salt will tell you to edit your paper at least three times. The same goes for videos.
- Troubleshoot. Is your video too long? Too short? Does it do its job? Negative questions can either eliminate or identify the unpleasant…both of which are crucial to progress.
- Analyze the data. Is your campaign going well? Where is it reaching the most people? Whatever you’re doing that works well, do more of that. Analytics help troubleshoot present marketing campaigns and springboard future developments.
If this sounds like a process you may need a helping hand with, let us know! Get ready to open that “restaurant”, because marketing made simple is what we do.