Helpful Predictions From an SEO Consultant
In the search marketing field, you should never get too comfortable with just one approach, regardless of whether you are a SEO expert or a newbie. The one thing constant about website search engine optimization is the fact that methods are always changing, evolving and morphing into something new, or better. Consider all the changes within just the last 12 months in the search marketing industry. Can you imagine what’s coming in 2013? Here are my top 5.5 predictions for the new year!
The TOP 5.5 SEO PROJECTIONS FOR 2013
1. Google+ Will Play a Bigger Role in SEO – whether you like it or not, Facebook and Twitter now have a very serious competitor. Google+ is picking up a lot of search traffic, despite a very rough start. Do not let this advantage slip thru your fingers! It’s time to start using Google Plus to bring in even more traffic to your site.
2. Video Optimization – Youtube.com has become the second largest search egnine, which naturally makes video optimization almost mandatory for website search engine optimization! Millions, if not billions, are paying more attention to video content and Youtube has made video content attractive to be shared on social networking platforms.
3. Increased Value on Pinterest-type Sites – new, innovative ways of presenting content will explode during 2013. Popular among users and companies alike, these type of sites are highly appreciated by all major search engines and can contribute to your overall SEO on Google.
4. Businesses Will Start Investing More in Organic Search Marketing – Studies show that over 70% of clicks on SERP’s go to organic results. Sure, PPC campaigns will get you in top positions quickly, but the proof is in the numbers. It is estimated that 2013 webmasters will allocate more than +15% for organic search.
5. Press Releases Will Bring More Credibility – All SEO trends lead to the road of press releases! These press releases can easily convert targeted traffic as well as appeal to a variety of media channels. It is easy to understand why their importance may increase when you consider that press content may bring a company more credibility and can be classified as organic content.
5.5 More Focus on Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) – Have your SEO company test your CRO based on a variety of factors. Test factors can include positioning, color, font and size. Also, give your customers an incentive for signing up on your site! It breaks my heart to see websites that are not using a “signup for our newsletter – enter name and email here” technique to capture user information!
Good Luck Improving your SEO strategy & Happy New Year from the Farotech SEO Consultants!