If you have a business blog, website, or are engaging in inbound marketing, content is one of the most important components of your marketing campaign. As you may have noticed in your marketing efforts, not all content is created equal. While content may be ‘king’ it is important to realize that quality content, and learning how to generate great content are the key to marketing success.
In the beginning of writing content, whether it is for blogs, SEO pages or even your website, the flow of ideas may seem endless. As time goes on you may find that it is getting more difficult to produce quality content. You now might find yourself wondering how to generate great content once your stash of original ideas begins to run dry. There are many ways to answer this question, but these are our pro tips we have discovered.
5 Tips That Help Uncover How To Generate Great Content
1. Create Personas: You need to pinpoint the type of patients, readers our clients you want to attract. By doing so you will be able to understand what your audience will be interested in, and be able to create content that fulfills their needs. You will want to update your personas regularly, which will create new questions and interests, which will lead to new content.
2. Follow Industry News: Utilizing reputable information on the industry that you are in is a great way to provide your clients with quality information. Find three to five sources of quality industry news and share this information with your clients. It will help you to position yourself as a thought leader.
3. Utilize Analyzer Tools: Use analytics to track which aspects of your marketing are most popular. This will give you an indication of what your readers are most interested in. This will help you continually develop content that will resonate with your potential and current clients.
4. Clients: When you’re wondering how to generate great content, look no further than those your content is for: your clients and potential clients. Examine the ways they interact with your current marketing through comment sections or social media. Then, create new content based on the comments and questions you see.
5. Repurposing: Often times the best way to generate new content is to use the content you already have by repurposing it into different forms.
- Write a blog that elaborates on a point made in a prior blog
- Turn a blog into an Ebook
- Turn already written content into a podcast or video
If you are stuck when it comes generating great content please turn to the above tips. If you need more help when it comes to writing great content feel free to check out our blog for more tips. Or, please feel free to contact us!