Experts agree that a business blog is better for your website traffic and your company than any type of social media. The key is in the inbound links. Companies that practice business blogging tend to have more than double the amount of inbound links than businesses who don’t. More search engine traffic is traveling to those business blogs. If you don’t blog for your business, you are missing out on a great opportunity to reap the benefits of business blogging. A blog is a great investment for your company.
Benefits of a Business Blog
- Drive traffic to your site
- Help convert traffic into leads
- Work hand in hand with social media
- Provide the perfect opportunity for sharing a CTA
- Help you establish industry-specific authority
- Give you ongoing results
- Offer an avenue to connect/engage with people
- Benefit your brand
These are just a few of the many benefits of business blogging. There are lots of statistics that emphasize the importance of business blogging. Around 60% of consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post that they read. The same percentage of consumers said they felt positively connected to a business after reading their blog. 70% of consumers find out about a company through their blog more than through ads. Blogs are effective tools for creating valuable content and engaging with current or future customers.
How to Blog for Your Business
If you’ve never written a blog before, we can show you where to start. We have found that people really enjoy reading relevant and well-written blog posts. When you sit down to write a blog post, follow these simple steps.
- First, decide who your target audience is. Are you writing to a current consumer, future customer, or sharing information another business might find relevant?
- Second, research your target audience and find out what questions they’re asking or what problems they need solving.
- Third, solve one of those problems or discuss a relevant issue.
- Fourth, always check out your competition. See who and what they’re writing about. Fifth, continue building your business blog. You will gain expertise as you go. If you don’t have the time to dedicate to manning your business blog yourself, there are companies who can supply the content for you.
Go Somewhere With Your Business Blog
As you build your blog, figure out where you want to go. Do you want to write funny and light content to attract visitors? Do you want to offer sage advice and help people with industry-specific issues? Do you want to become the authority in your field? We recommend all of the above and more. Get creative with your content and your titles. Business blogs don’t have to be boring or stuffy. Don’t forget to include images, videos, and infographics. The written word can always be combined with images or movement for the best results.
If you’re considering starting a business blog, but don’t know where to begin, we can help. Contact us for expert advice!