How to Get More Patients into Your Dental Practice
If you’re stuck in a slump with no new patients coming in or you have a low retention rate, it’s time to change things up. Find out how to get more patients into your dental practice and retain them as well. It’s not as difficult or expensive as you think. After you’ve taken the first step to research different options, commit to trying something new at least once a month to get more business going.
1. Examine Your Atmosphere
Before we get into the technical aspects of getting more patients into your dental practice, you should take a look around at your office. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it as clean as it could be?
- Do you have upbeat, attractive decor?
- Have you provided sufficient, comfortable seating?
- Is there entertainment while they wait?
If the answer is no to any of these questions, some redecorating and reorganizing may be in order. Make your waiting area and office a place you wouldn’t mind hanging out in for a bit. As you continue to look around, do you see smiling faces? A friendly staff makes all the difference in the world. If patients don’t feel welcomed, they will not come back. Always hire pleasant and calm office staff to guarantee your patients stay happy.
It’s also important that your office staff is efficient. Are people stuck in the waiting area for a long time? Are your appointments scheduled at inconvenient times? Do your patients complain that it takes too long to get an appointment? Make sure that you are putting your patients first. They’ll keep coming back to your office if you can provide convenient openings for them.
2. Check Out Your Online Analytics
Take a look at how your website is performing. If you don’t know how to do this, get in touch with your web designer or developer. If you are getting a lot of traffic but aren’t see this translate into customers, something is not right. In this day and age, your first impression to patients is likely to be online and not in your office. If you don’t have an easy to use website, contact Farotech, and we can help provide you with more information on how to get more patients into your dental office through quality web design.
3. Prioritize Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Hopefully by now, you’re familiar with the idea of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and have realized how essential it is. Many dental offices make the mistake of focusing too much on regular SEO and not enough on local SEO. Most people will be including a geographical modifier to their search, since they want to find a local dentist. Fortunately, these are actually easier to rank for than broader keywords like “dental office.” Take advantage of that and run some local SEO campaigns. And since many potential patients will be searching on their phone, a local search with a map automatically comes up. So you’ll want to focus on ranking in each town or city near you. That’s one of the best ways to get more patients into your dental practice!
4. Quality Patient Care
Once you have a attractive office, productive conversion rates on your site, and are ranking well for local search terms, there is one more thing left to consider. Just getting new patients in the door won’t encourage retention. Repeat business is good for you, and it’s good for your patients. If you’re not doing all you can to establish relationships with your patients and the local community, you won’t become a thriving local business.
Check out these additional ways to bring new patients into your office:
- Offer incentives to patients who sign up to leave a review of your services online.
- Ask some of your most satisfied patients for written testimonials, and put these online.
- Offer discounts to patients who refer a friend or family member to you.
- Send patient reminders through email or text to cut down on missed appointments.
- Make follow up calls to new patients after their first visit or to patients who had a non-routine procedure done, just to check up on them.
Quality patient care should always come first, before any marketing or website design. Word of mouth is powerful and if you develop a good reputation, you’ll have plenty of patients for years to come.
Action Items & Takeaways
- Take an honest look at the atmosphere in your practice.
- Review the analytics on your website. If you don’t know how, schedule your complimentary assessment.
- Consider starting a blog where you can incorporate keywords and phrases, including local geographical modifiers. If you don’t think you can keep up with regular blogging, contact Farotech today for help!